In case you did not know, our own Atonement Lutheran Church at 9242 Kiefer offers a food basket give away each week for anyone in the area who is having a hard time financially and needs a bit of help. It is held the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. They receive food from the downtown Food bank, and distribute it to anyone who comes. They are also starting a supplemental seniors food distribution program, specifically for anyone over 60 years old. Seniors must bring a photo ID, and fill out some paperwork for that program. (But they will then be eligible for food from BOTH programs.) So please spread the word about this generous program in our community, and be sure anyone who needs a bit of help knows about it, especially local seniors who qualify for their new seniors food program.
Atonement Church Offers Monthly Food Bank
- CRPD Needs Your Advice — The Cordova Recreation & Park District would like to hear from Rosemont residents: What classes, programs and/or workshops would you like to see offered in your neighborhood? To take the survey online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HS7YDNW The survey will be open until Sunday, December 3rd, so don’t put it off. We want to have more programs offered in [...]
- Neighborhood Watch Is Calling — We are mounting a new campaign to build our already strong Neighborhood Watch program here, and we are looking for people who want to help keep crimes and other problem in check, and even have some fun in the process. A NW group is simply a handful of people who live within sight of one [...]
- Here Come Santa Claus! — Hey! Santa’s coming back to Rosemont. Yea, he likes us so much he’ll be here two evenings, and he’ll be collecting toys for less fortunate kids in the area. So mark your calendars for the evenings of December 5 and 6, from 6 to 8 pm, and come out to see him in the Rosemont [...]
- Get Storm-Ready! — Fall is here! Trees will begin dropping leaves over the coming months, which can clog storm drains and cause flooding. Do your part by removing debris and leaves from your gutters, and sweep away leaves that are on or near storm drains prior to rainfall to ensure water can quickly flow into the storm drain [...]
- RCA Board Nov. Highlights — At its November board meeting RCA had an extended discussion with our two POP Officers about how best to work with the Sheriff’s Department to reduce crime. The good news is that Rosemont does not experience more of a problem than elsewhere in the County, but it affects you that is of little consolation. So [...]