In case you did not know, our own Atonement Lutheran Church at 9242 Kiefer offers a food basket give away each week for anyone in the area who is having a hard time financially and needs a bit of help. It is held the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. They receive food from the downtown Food bank, and distribute it to anyone who comes. They are also starting a supplemental seniors food distribution program, specifically for anyone over 60 years old. Seniors must bring a photo ID, and fill out some paperwork for that program. (But they will then be eligible for food from BOTH programs.) So please spread the word about this generous program in our community, and be sure anyone who needs a bit of help knows about it, especially local seniors who qualify for their new seniors food program.
Atonement Church Offers Monthly Food Bank
- RCF Wins SMUD Grant — SMUD has just announced that the Rosemont Community Foundation has won a $10,000 grant to do community cleanup and revitalization work. This grant is part of SMUD’s new SHINE Program that supports the work of local non-profits in improving life and conditions in its service area. RCF, the foundation created by the Rosemont Community Association [...]
- RCA Planning Improvement Projects — Having just received several grants to help revitalize Rosemont, the Rosemont Community Association is considering an array of possible projects it might take on to help make improvements here in Rosemont. Already RCA has received over $10,000 in support from the County to tackle revitalization work, and we have just gotten word RCF has received [...]
- Park District Seeking Advice — Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; [...]
- Santa Parade Draws Crowds and Presents — RCA held its annual Santa Parade and Toy Drive the evenings of December 5 & 6 to the delight of kids of all ages. In our usual reversal of theme, the parade served as an opportunity of the good people of Rosemont to donate new toys as part of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department Toy Drive. [...]
- What Fun Activities Would You Like in Rosemont? — RCA has begun exploring what new activities we might plan so that there is more happening here in Rosemont, and we want your suggestions. So far, some of the ideas for a purely social event include a pancake or spaghetti dinner; concerts in the park; a speaker series on current topics; workshops on helpful topics [...]