In case you did not know, our own Atonement Lutheran Church at 9242 Kiefer offers a food basket give away each week for anyone in the area who is having a hard time financially and needs a bit of help. It is held the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. They receive food from the downtown Food bank, and distribute it to anyone who comes. They are also starting a supplemental seniors food distribution program, specifically for anyone over 60 years old. Seniors must bring a photo ID, and fill out some paperwork for that program. (But they will then be eligible for food from BOTH programs.) So please spread the word about this generous program in our community, and be sure anyone who needs a bit of help knows about it, especially local seniors who qualify for their new seniors food program.
Atonement Church Offers Monthly Food Bank
- Sheriff to Hold Crime Prevention Meeting Includ... — On Tuesday, January 16 at 6:00pm, the Sheriff’s Office will hold a community meeting to discuss local crime concerns and any other issues related to law enforcement. This is a great chance to have some one-on-one time with our POP Officers (Problem Oriented Policing) whose job it is to pay special attention to on-going law [...]
- RCA Considering Projects for Grant Funds — Recently RCA has won several grants from the County and SMUD to do revitalization work to help make our community safer and more appealing. A task force has been meeting to identify projects that will be visible and impressive, help build our sense of community, and can be accomplished within the time and budget limits [...]
- RCA Briefed on LAFCO Functions — Don Lockhart, Executive Officer of Sacramento’s Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO), briefed the RCA Board and guests at the January meeting on what Rosemont’s options might be if we explore ways to make improvements to service levels here and enhance the safety and appearance of our community. Increasingly RCA is hearing concerns about services and [...]
- Park District Seeking Advice — Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; [...]
- What Activities would You Like in Rosemont? — One of the goals RCA wants to accomplish with some of the grant funds we’ve received is to hold more events that bring Rosemont residents together in a social setting to help grow a stronger sense of community and have some fun. For ten years we have held our Celebration of Community each August that [...]