It’s almost here – the 9th Annual Rosemont Celebration of Community! This fun and festive free event open to all is a chance for your family and friends to enjoy lots of displays, information booth, rides, games, entertainment and food – something for everyone. Come to Rosemont Community Park on Americana Drive between 9am and 1pm on Saturday, August 12, and experience what a fun and focused community we have here. Get to know more of your neighbors, and chat about what we can do here to make Rosemont even more appealing. This event, produced by your Rosemont Community Association with the generous help of many of our local businesses, is a wonderful example of what people can do when they work together for their common good. Come out and enjoy yourself, and maybe even learn how you can help make Rosemont even better.
Celebrate Good Times!
- Rosemont Celebrates a Great Community — WOW! Rosemont certainly has a strong sense of community – and fun. The 9th annual Celebration of Community on August 12 was judged to be the biggest and best yet. It was packed with happy people having a good time and chatting with friends and neighbors, and all the dozens of information booths. The main [...]
- Sponsors Made Celebration a Success — RCA thanks the many generous sponsors who helped make the 9th Annual Celebration of Community a great success. Without their support we would not have been ab le to produce such a fun community-building event. In our Community Leader category, as always, Teichert Corp. provided both essential equipment to make the event run well, and [...]
- Rosemont’s Got Talent! — Appearing on the entertainment stage at the Celebration of Community were several local groups. Leading off was the fabulous “Teachers Band” from Rosemont High, back by popular demand. This group of talented professionals kicked of the main stage show and got the crowd into the spirit of celebration. We also featured the demonstration by many [...]
- Important Meeting on Major Development Near Ros... — There will be an important community meeting to present more information on the West Jackson Highway Master Plan project that proposes major develop on Rosemont’s southern and eastern borders. This is your chance to learn what is being proposed and to consider how it will affect your community. It will also offer the chance to [...]
- Paying Attention Can Help Build a Strong Commun... — Your RCA Board, at its August 3 meeting, further discussed some of the properties in Rosemont, noting that some are very well maintained and attractive while others are sadly in disrepair and even trashy. The experience of walking door-to-door leaving door hangers advertising the August 12 Celebration of Community gave many people the chance to [...]