If you want to have a fun time no matter your age, come to Rosemont’s big community party. RCA will hold the 9th annual Celebration of Community Saturday, August 12, from 9am to 1pm at Rosemont Community Park. You and some 1,500 other folks will enjoy lots of informative displays, games, rides, entertainment and food – all free. If you are involved in a local organization that would like to have a free display, just contact RCA at email@example.com and we’ll help you reserve a space. If you’d like to help sponsor this event and make it happen, we’d love to partner with you and give you good exposure; there are several options for you to consider. This is a community event, so it takes all of us to continue making it the great time it has been.
Come Party August 12
- RCF Wins SMUD Grant — SMUD has just announced that the Rosemont Community Foundation has won a $10,000 grant to do community cleanup and revitalization work. This grant is part of SMUD’s new SHINE Program that supports the work of local non-profits in improving life and conditions in its service area. RCF, the foundation created by the Rosemont Community Association [...]
- RCA Planning Improvement Projects — Having just received several grants to help revitalize Rosemont, the Rosemont Community Association is considering an array of possible projects it might take on to help make improvements here in Rosemont. Already RCA has received over $10,000 in support from the County to tackle revitalization work, and we have just gotten word RCF has received [...]
- Park District Seeking Advice — Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; [...]
- Santa Parade Draws Crowds and Presents — RCA held its annual Santa Parade and Toy Drive the evenings of December 5 & 6 to the delight of kids of all ages. In our usual reversal of theme, the parade served as an opportunity of the good people of Rosemont to donate new toys as part of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department Toy Drive. [...]
- What Fun Activities Would You Like in Rosemont? — RCA has begun exploring what new activities we might plan so that there is more happening here in Rosemont, and we want your suggestions. So far, some of the ideas for a purely social event include a pancake or spaghetti dinner; concerts in the park; a speaker series on current topics; workshops on helpful topics [...]