If you want to have a fun time no matter your age, come to Rosemont’s big community party. RCA will hold the 9th annual Celebration of Community Saturday, August 12, from 9am to 1pm at Rosemont Community Park. You and some 1,500 other folks will enjoy lots of informative displays, games, rides, entertainment and food – all free. If you are involved in a local organization that would like to have a free display, just contact RCA at email@example.com and we’ll help you reserve a space. If you’d like to help sponsor this event and make it happen, we’d love to partner with you and give you good exposure; there are several options for you to consider. This is a community event, so it takes all of us to continue making it the great time it has been.
Come Party August 12
- Get All You Deserve From Social Security — Almost everyone can look forward to some benefits from Social Security. But do you know what benefits you are entitled to receive? Do you know even what benefits are offered? And do you know how to avoid mistakes that could lessen what you get, or how to get all that you are legally entitled to [...]
- City/County Cooling Center Opening June 17-21 — With predictions of temperature over 100 degrees for the next week, both City and County of Sacramento officials are opening a cooling center at Hart Senior Center that is located at 915 27th Street in midtown Sacramento. The cooling center will allow people to get out of the heat from 1 – 8 p.m., beginning [...]
- How to Report Problems to the Sheriff — RCA is continually urging you to report crimes or suspicious activities to the Sheriff’s Department so we can help keep problem here to a minimum. But please know the right way to do that, otherwise a response can be delayed and more harm may happen. If you see a crime in progress or a person [...]
- RCA Scholarship Goes to RHS Senior — At the recent Rosemont High Senior Awards night, RCA announced that Sarah Abraha was the winner of its Community Scholarship for $1,000 toward her expenses as she moves on to college. Sara has been both an excellent student and has been involved in community outreach. She is planning on going to Sacramento City college and [...]
- Smart Start Driving Classes Offered — Once again the California Highway Patrol is offering free “Start Smart” driving classes for those learning how to drive. This great service is a benefit to us all, so if you know of someone learning to drive (or maybe should learn to drive better?), be sure they check out this helpful program in our own [...]