Hey! Santa’s coming back to Rosemont. Yea, he likes us so much he’ll be here two evenings, and he’ll be collecting toys for less fortunate kids in the area. So mark your calendars for the evenings of December 5 and 6, from 6 to 8 pm, and come out to see him in the Rosemont Community Association annual Santa Parade and Toy Drive. On the 5th he will be in the area south of Kiefer, and on the 6th he will be north of Kiefer. See the route maps below. So gather ups some nice new toys and the kids of all ages, and come out to greet Santa as he goes by on a special sleigh.
Here Comes Santa Claus!
- RCA Scholarship Offered Again — Again this year RCA will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who lives in Rosemont and who has demonstrated both significant community involvement and good academic achievement. It is offered as an incentive for our young people to be engaged in where they live and develop strong citizenship skills and [...]
- RCA Considering Projects for Grant Funds — Recently RCA has won several grants from the County and SMUD to do revitalization work to help make our community safer and more appealing. A task force has been meeting to identify projects that will be visible and impressive, help build our sense of community, and can be accomplished within the time and budget limits [...]
- Welcome to Rosemont! — We have a new welcome sign at Watt and Kiefer, thanks to the efforts of our Supervisor Don Nottoli, the County Dept. of Transportation, and Rosemont Community Association. This is part of RCA’s plans to improve the identity of Rosemont and help more people understand our special community. This intersection was selected because of its [...]
- Sufi Center Offers Special Session — The MTO Shahmaghsoudi School of Islamic Sufism, located in Rosemont, is inviting all to attend a special presentation on February 11, 2018, at 2:00 p.m., entitled, “Sufism: The Essence of Love”. The program will feature charming Sufi stories, beautiful poetry by lovers of God from multiple faith traditions, and the enchanting rhythms and melodies of the [...]
- Start Driving Smart — The California Highway Patrol (CHP), East Sacramento Area Office is offering two Start Smart Classes in March. The CHP’s Start Smart Program is a driver safety education class which targets new and future licensed teenage drivers between the age of 15-19, and their parents or guardians. The class covers California’s Graduated Driver License Program, collision [...]