One of the wisest and most considerate plans you can make right now is to arrange all your material affairs the way you want them so that when you die (and we all will sooner or later) your family and heirs will know what you want. If you don’t do it properly, state law will govern what happens to your assets and that process can be lengthy and costly. With proper planning it does not have to be. How to avoid those problems is the topic of RCA’s next financial planning workshop dealing with wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and end of life planning. These sessions are led by professionals in the subject area. While you may not want to think about things like this, planning things now is one of the nicest things you can do for your loved ones. This free workshop will be Tuesday, May 23, at 7:00-8:30pm at Atonement Church, 9242 Kiefer Blvd. To save a seat, just email your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message at 916-936-1959. Registration deadline is May 19.
Get Your “Stuff” Together Now!
- Paper Shredding Offered June 3 — If you have papers you want shredded (and who doesn’t?), come to 9111 Kiefer at the south west corner of Rosemont Plaza on Saturday, June 3, from 9am to noon. This free shredding event is sponsored by Robert Melody and Anthony Howells of Lyon Real Estate, and is provided by VikingShred.com. This on-site service will [...]
- Keep Up on Rosemont at Board Meeting — Learn what’s happening in your community at the June 1 RCA Board meeting, 7:00pm at Atonement Church, 9242 Kiefer Blvd. The agenda will include further consideration of the impact of the major development proposed on our southern and eastern borders, actions to help keep Rosemont cleaned up, grant possibilities, and plans for the August 12 [...]
- EMS Stages Henry 4th Pt 1 — Treat yourself to a special evening and enjoy one of the classics as interpreted by our middle school students as Einstein students stage Shakespeare’s Henry the Fourth Part One. Performances are on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 23 and 24 at 6:45pm in the multi-purpose room. The Einstein performing arts program has a great reputation, and [...]
- Annual Meeting Addresses Vital Issues — A large crowd of Rosemont residents turned out on May 9 for the annual RCA community meeting. Besides chatting with representatives of the primary agencies serving Rosemont, recognizing Sheryll Venegas, Chief of Staff to Supervisor Don Nottoli, as our Community Hero for 2017, and electing RCA board members, attendees received a report highlighting what RCA [...]
- Major Development Offers Options to Rosemont — The prime focus at the recent RCA annual meeting was the West Jackson Highway Master Plan, a proposal to develop some 5,700 acres on the southern and eastern borders of Rosemont, with over 14,000 residences, major commercial and employment areas, schools, parks and open spaces. It is estimated this will occur over 25 years or [...]