Anyone ready for a party? Why not throw one yourself? Fall is a great time to get together with your neighbors and have a block party with those who live nearby. It’s a fun way to get to know your neighbors better and maybe pick up a few new recipes. And it can be a wonderful way to begin or strengthen a neighborhood watch program in your area. Block parties are easy to organize, especially if a couple of neighbors work together. And RCA can make it easier because we have some tips on how to do it. We even have tips on how to organize your Neighborhood Watch group. To learn more just contact RCA at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you.
It’s Party Time!
- CRPD Needs Your Advice — The Cordova Recreation & Park District would like to hear from Rosemont residents: What classes, programs and/or workshops would you like to see offered in your neighborhood? To take the survey online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HS7YDNW The survey will be open until Sunday, December 3rd, so don’t put it off. We want to have more programs offered in [...]
- Neighborhood Watch Is Calling — We are mounting a new campaign to build our already strong Neighborhood Watch program here, and we are looking for people who want to help keep crimes and other problem in check, and even have some fun in the process. A NW group is simply a handful of people who live within sight of one [...]
- Atonement Church Offers Monthly Food Bank — In case you did not know, our own Atonement Lutheran Church at 9242 Kiefer offers a food basket give away each week for anyone in the area who is having a hard time financially and needs a bit of help. It is held the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. They receive food [...]
- Here Come Santa Claus! — Hey! Santa’s coming back to Rosemont. Yea, he likes us so much he’ll be here two evenings, and he’ll be collecting toys for less fortunate kids in the area. So mark your calendars for the evenings of December 5 and 6, from 6 to 8 pm, and come out to see him in the Rosemont [...]
- Get Storm-Ready! — Fall is here! Trees will begin dropping leaves over the coming months, which can clog storm drains and cause flooding. Do your part by removing debris and leaves from your gutters, and sweep away leaves that are on or near storm drains prior to rainfall to ensure water can quickly flow into the storm drain [...]