While normally we are not a place where we worry about diseases, lately there have been several instances of West Nile Virus being found in Rosemont. This potentially very serious disease can be fairly easily prevented, mostly by controlling the mosquitos in the area. And fortunately there are easy ways to do that. Come to the August 3 RCA Board meeting at 7:00pm and hear a briefing by the Sacramento-Yolo Mosquito & Vector Control District, whose task it is to control these kinds of problems. Learn what steps you can take to prevent you and your family and friends form being infected with this serious illness. The meeting will be at Atonement Church, 9242 Kiefer Blvd.
Learn How to Avoid West Nile Virus
- Rosemont Celebrates a Great Community — WOW! Rosemont certainly has a strong sense of community – and fun. The 9th annual Celebration of Community on August 12 was judged to be the biggest and best yet. It was packed with happy people having a good time and chatting with friends and neighbors, and all the dozens of information booths. The main [...]
- Sponsors Made Celebration a Success — RCA thanks the many generous sponsors who helped make the 9th Annual Celebration of Community a great success. Without their support we would not have been ab le to produce such a fun community-building event. In our Community Leader category, as always, Teichert Corp. provided both essential equipment to make the event run well, and [...]
- Rosemont’s Got Talent! — Appearing on the entertainment stage at the Celebration of Community were several local groups. Leading off was the fabulous “Teachers Band” from Rosemont High, back by popular demand. This group of talented professionals kicked of the main stage show and got the crowd into the spirit of celebration. We also featured the demonstration by many [...]
- Important Meeting on Major Development Near Ros... — There will be an important community meeting to present more information on the West Jackson Highway Master Plan project that proposes major develop on Rosemont’s southern and eastern borders. This is your chance to learn what is being proposed and to consider how it will affect your community. It will also offer the chance to [...]
- Paying Attention Can Help Build a Strong Commun... — Your RCA Board, at its August 3 meeting, further discussed some of the properties in Rosemont, noting that some are very well maintained and attractive while others are sadly in disrepair and even trashy. The experience of walking door-to-door leaving door hangers advertising the August 12 Celebration of Community gave many people the chance to [...]