The next RCA finance management workshop will be Tuesday, Sept 26, and will be on computer security and preventing identity theft – sadly topics that are increasingly important these days. Anyone who has had their identity (and money) stolen or their computer hacked or held for ransom knows how distressful and difficult it can be to resolve the problems it creates. You can sign up for this free workshop, supported by generous grant from State Farm, by leaving your name and contact information at 916-936-1959, or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All are invited, just let us know you are coming so we have a seat for you. The program will be from 7:00 to 8:30pm at Atonement Church, 9242 Kiefer Blvd.
Learn How to Protect Your Computer and Identity
- RCF Wins SMUD Grant — SMUD has just announced that the Rosemont Community Foundation has won a $10,000 grant to do community cleanup and revitalization work. This grant is part of SMUD’s new SHINE Program that supports the work of local non-profits in improving life and conditions in its service area. RCF, the foundation created by the Rosemont Community Association [...]
- RCA Planning Improvement Projects — Having just received several grants to help revitalize Rosemont, the Rosemont Community Association is considering an array of possible projects it might take on to help make improvements here in Rosemont. Already RCA has received over $10,000 in support from the County to tackle revitalization work, and we have just gotten word RCF has received [...]
- Park District Seeking Advice — Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; [...]
- Santa Parade Draws Crowds and Presents — RCA held its annual Santa Parade and Toy Drive the evenings of December 5 & 6 to the delight of kids of all ages. In our usual reversal of theme, the parade served as an opportunity of the good people of Rosemont to donate new toys as part of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department Toy Drive. [...]
- What Fun Activities Would You Like in Rosemont? — RCA has begun exploring what new activities we might plan so that there is more happening here in Rosemont, and we want your suggestions. So far, some of the ideas for a purely social event include a pancake or spaghetti dinner; concerts in the park; a speaker series on current topics; workshops on helpful topics [...]