Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; improving walkways; building new t-ball fields; modifying lighting; etc. nothing is set yet, but CRPD is moving fast, hoping to secure design funds early in 2018. If you have ideas about what you’d like to see in the park that would lead to more use, please let them know right away, or tell RCA and we’ll pass on your ideas. This is a great chance to help us make valuable improvements to our central park and gathering area. You can contact Cristina James at CRPD at (916) 842-3312 or email@example.com.
Park District Seeking Advice
- RCA Scholarship Offered Again — Again this year RCA will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who lives in Rosemont and who has demonstrated both significant community involvement and good academic achievement. It is offered as an incentive for our young people to be engaged in where they live and develop strong citizenship skills and [...]
- RCA Considering Projects for Grant Funds — Recently RCA has won several grants from the County and SMUD to do revitalization work to help make our community safer and more appealing. A task force has been meeting to identify projects that will be visible and impressive, help build our sense of community, and can be accomplished within the time and budget limits [...]
- Welcome to Rosemont! — We have a new welcome sign at Watt and Kiefer, thanks to the efforts of our Supervisor Don Nottoli, the County Dept. of Transportation, and Rosemont Community Association. This is part of RCA’s plans to improve the identity of Rosemont and help more people understand our special community. This intersection was selected because of its [...]
- Sufi Center Offers Special Session — The MTO Shahmaghsoudi School of Islamic Sufism, located in Rosemont, is inviting all to attend a special presentation on February 11, 2018, at 2:00 p.m., entitled, “Sufism: The Essence of Love”. The program will feature charming Sufi stories, beautiful poetry by lovers of God from multiple faith traditions, and the enchanting rhythms and melodies of the [...]
- Start Driving Smart — The California Highway Patrol (CHP), East Sacramento Area Office is offering two Start Smart Classes in March. The CHP’s Start Smart Program is a driver safety education class which targets new and future licensed teenage drivers between the age of 15-19, and their parents or guardians. The class covers California’s Graduated Driver License Program, collision [...]