Since 2011, a small group of volunteers have removed well over 600 graffiti tags or markings within Rosemont. RCA is always looking for volunteers and/or donations. If you are interested in helping with graffiti removal or want to donate painting and cleaning supplies (list provided below) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report graffiti, send us an email with as much of the following information as possible:
- Your name, contact number, and date observed
- Location (approximate address) and nearest cross street
- What the graffiti or tag is on (light pole, wood fence, masonry wall, utility box, etc.)
- Letters or symbols in the graffiti or tag
- Take a photo and attach it to the email (please report the tag even if you don’t have a photo)
We will treat your report with confidentiality and only contact you if more information is needed.
RCA strives to remove all graffiti promptly so it does not attract more tags and to continue to present Rosemont in a positive light such that residents and businesses feel welcomed in Rosemont.
- If the graffiti is on private property it is the responsibility of the property owner to remove it; however, RCA will work with the owner to clean it up quickly and neatly.
- If it is on public property, RCA will contact the responsible agency to have it quickly removed. If necessary, our graffiti team will remove it as quickly as possible.
RCA is currently in need of painting and cleaning supplies. If you or your business would like to donate any of the following items, please email us:
- Paint sprayer
- Exterior paint (dark and light gray, white, tan/beige, dark brown, brick red and cream)
- Paint rollers, paint brushes and disposable pan liners
- Window squeegees
- Water hoses
- Cleaning rags
- Steel wool and scouring pads
- Disposable gloves (latex, nitrile, etc.)
Our thanks go out to 2013 RCA Volunteer of the Year winner Alicia Jacobus for volunteering to coordinate this important program!
Graffiti Reported and Removed in 2017 and 2016:
RCA Graffiti Abatement Team in action on soundwall at Kiefer Blvd and Tallyho Dr: