At the recent Rosemont High Senior Awards night, RCA announced that Sarah Abraha was the winner of its Community Scholarship for $1,000 toward her expenses as she moves on to college. Sara has been both an excellent student and has been involved in community outreach. She is planning on going to Sacramento City college and then transferring to a UC to major in health science, with the present plan to study nursing, or medicine, or becoming a nutritionist. During her years at RHS she taught basic math to elementary school students in a rural village in Ethiopia. She hopes to return there “to continue the work she started.” Additionally, She has raised funds for the St. Johns homeless shelter. She has been involved in student government for all four years. Her essay for the scholarship was on What Makes a Good Community Member? After the awards ceremony, Sarah and her father stopped by the RCA Board meeting to say thank you. RCA congratulates Sarah on her outstanding record and for winning our 2017 scholarship.
RCA Scholarship Goes to RHS Senior
- RCF Wins SMUD Grant — SMUD has just announced that the Rosemont Community Foundation has won a $10,000 grant to do community cleanup and revitalization work. This grant is part of SMUD’s new SHINE Program that supports the work of local non-profits in improving life and conditions in its service area. RCF, the foundation created by the Rosemont Community Association [...]
- RCA Planning Improvement Projects — Having just received several grants to help revitalize Rosemont, the Rosemont Community Association is considering an array of possible projects it might take on to help make improvements here in Rosemont. Already RCA has received over $10,000 in support from the County to tackle revitalization work, and we have just gotten word RCF has received [...]
- Park District Seeking Advice — Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; [...]
- Santa Parade Draws Crowds and Presents — RCA held its annual Santa Parade and Toy Drive the evenings of December 5 & 6 to the delight of kids of all ages. In our usual reversal of theme, the parade served as an opportunity of the good people of Rosemont to donate new toys as part of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department Toy Drive. [...]
- What Fun Activities Would You Like in Rosemont? — RCA has begun exploring what new activities we might plan so that there is more happening here in Rosemont, and we want your suggestions. So far, some of the ideas for a purely social event include a pancake or spaghetti dinner; concerts in the park; a speaker series on current topics; workshops on helpful topics [...]