At the recent Rosemont High Senior Awards night, RCA announced that Sarah Abraha was the winner of its Community Scholarship for $1,000 toward her expenses as she moves on to college. Sara has been both an excellent student and has been involved in community outreach. She is planning on going to Sacramento City college and then transferring to a UC to major in health science, with the present plan to study nursing, or medicine, or becoming a nutritionist. During her years at RHS she taught basic math to elementary school students in a rural village in Ethiopia. She hopes to return there “to continue the work she started.” Additionally, She has raised funds for the St. Johns homeless shelter. She has been involved in student government for all four years. Her essay for the scholarship was on What Makes a Good Community Member? After the awards ceremony, Sarah and her father stopped by the RCA Board meeting to say thank you. RCA congratulates Sarah on her outstanding record and for winning our 2017 scholarship.
RCA Scholarship Goes to RHS Senior
- Learn How to Get Good Health Coverage — There are many options available for health care and insurance, and you can learn about these options and which is best for you at a special RCA workshop on Tuesday, October 24, at 7:00pm at Atonement Church, 9242 Kiefer Blvd. We will cover types of healthcare; Covered California and ACA exchange plans; employer sponsored plans; [...]
- 5 Ways to Keep Ghouls and Goblins Healthy and S... — Sacramento County has some helpful ways to let your ghouls and goblins have a happy, healthy and safe Halloween. See and Be Seen: Pick out costumes that don’t interfere with vision, add reflective tape on the front, back and sides and use accessories that are soft or flexible. Dressing up pets might be fun for [...]
- Use the County Emergency Alert System — For your safety and that of you family, residents are urged to sign up for the County’s emergency alert system so you can learn quickly about emergencies that could affect you. It is easy and free. Lear the details and sign up HERE. [...]
- RCA Board Highlights — After hearing a briefing on the Juvenile Justice Center, the RCA board discussed with our two POP Officers concerns about law enforcement in Rosemont and was reassured that there is more happening quietly to keep our community safe than people generally know about. They related several recent incidents where careful investigations removed a number of [...]
- Food Trucks Finish Year on High Note — Rosemont’s 2017 Food Truck Season wrapped up on October 6 with several special features: our first beer garden and live music. The Oktoberfest themed event was a fun gathering for all ages. Our thanks to SactoMoFo, the food truck coordinator that has made this year’s fests possible, and the Cordova Recreation & Parks District that [...]