At the recent Rosemont High Senior Awards night, RCA announced that Sarah Abraha was the winner of its Community Scholarship for $1,000 toward her expenses as she moves on to college. Sara has been both an excellent student and has been involved in community outreach. She is planning on going to Sacramento City college and then transferring to a UC to major in health science, with the present plan to study nursing, or medicine, or becoming a nutritionist. During her years at RHS she taught basic math to elementary school students in a rural village in Ethiopia. She hopes to return there “to continue the work she started.” Additionally, She has raised funds for the St. Johns homeless shelter. She has been involved in student government for all four years. Her essay for the scholarship was on What Makes a Good Community Member? After the awards ceremony, Sarah and her father stopped by the RCA Board meeting to say thank you. RCA congratulates Sarah on her outstanding record and for winning our 2017 scholarship.
RCA Scholarship Goes to RHS Senior
- Rosemont Celebrates a Great Community — WOW! Rosemont certainly has a strong sense of community – and fun. The 9th annual Celebration of Community on August 12 was judged to be the biggest and best yet. It was packed with happy people having a good time and chatting with friends and neighbors, and all the dozens of information booths. The main [...]
- Sponsors Made Celebration a Success — RCA thanks the many generous sponsors who helped make the 9th Annual Celebration of Community a great success. Without their support we would not have been ab le to produce such a fun community-building event. In our Community Leader category, as always, Teichert Corp. provided both essential equipment to make the event run well, and [...]
- Rosemont’s Got Talent! — Appearing on the entertainment stage at the Celebration of Community were several local groups. Leading off was the fabulous “Teachers Band” from Rosemont High, back by popular demand. This group of talented professionals kicked of the main stage show and got the crowd into the spirit of celebration. We also featured the demonstration by many [...]
- Important Meeting on Major Development Near Ros... — There will be an important community meeting to present more information on the West Jackson Highway Master Plan project that proposes major develop on Rosemont’s southern and eastern borders. This is your chance to learn what is being proposed and to consider how it will affect your community. It will also offer the chance to [...]
- Paying Attention Can Help Build a Strong Commun... — Your RCA Board, at its August 3 meeting, further discussed some of the properties in Rosemont, noting that some are very well maintained and attractive while others are sadly in disrepair and even trashy. The experience of walking door-to-door leaving door hangers advertising the August 12 Celebration of Community gave many people the chance to [...]