Again this year RCA will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who lives in Rosemont and who has demonstrated both significant community involvement and good academic achievement. It is offered as an incentive for our young people to be engaged in where they live and develop strong citizenship skills and attitudes. The application deadline is May For more information on the program click 18 scholarship. Anyone interested in helping support this scholarship can donate to the Rosemont Community Foundation with a tax deductible contribution.
RCA Scholarship Offered Again
- RCA Considering Projects for Grant Funds — Recently RCA has won several grants from the County and SMUD to do revitalization work to help make our community safer and more appealing. A task force has been meeting to identify projects that will be visible and impressive, help build our sense of community, and can be accomplished within the time and budget limits [...]
- Welcome to Rosemont! — We have a new welcome sign at Watt and Kiefer, thanks to the efforts of our Supervisor Don Nottoli, the County Dept. of Transportation, and Rosemont Community Association. This is part of RCA’s plans to improve the identity of Rosemont and help more people understand our special community. This intersection was selected because of its [...]
- Sufi Center Offers Special Session — The MTO Shahmaghsoudi School of Islamic Sufism, located in Rosemont, is inviting all to attend a special presentation on February 11, 2018, at 2:00 p.m., entitled, “Sufism: The Essence of Love”. The program will feature charming Sufi stories, beautiful poetry by lovers of God from multiple faith traditions, and the enchanting rhythms and melodies of the [...]
- Start Driving Smart — The California Highway Patrol (CHP), East Sacramento Area Office is offering two Start Smart Classes in March. The CHP’s Start Smart Program is a driver safety education class which targets new and future licensed teenage drivers between the age of 15-19, and their parents or guardians. The class covers California’s Graduated Driver License Program, collision [...]
- Age Well and Drive Smart — To help California’s seniors maintain their driving independence for as long as they can safely drive, the CHP offers the free two-hour, “Age Well, Drive Smart,” course. The program is supported by the Keeping Everyone Safe grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety. The class is designed to help senior citizens evaluate their driving [...]