WOW! Rosemont certainly has a strong sense of community – and fun. The 9th annual Celebration of Community on August 12 was judged to be the biggest and best yet. It was packed with happy people having a good time and chatting with friends and neighbors, and all the dozens of information booths. The main walkway was jammed with folks enjoying the beautiful day and the interesting information that was available. The games, rides, and displays held the attention of young and older alike. This ever popular Celebration has become a signature event in the Rosemont community and helps identify us as a great place to live and work. Be sure to come out next year if you are part of an organization or business that wants to connect with the people of Rosemont, or if you just want to have fun in your great community.
Rosemont Celebrates a Great Community
- Learn How to Protect Your Computer and Identity — The next RCA finance management workshop will be Tuesday, Sept 26, and will be on computer security and preventing identity theft – sadly topics that are increasingly important these days. Anyone who has had their identity (and money) stolen or their computer hacked or held for ransom knows how distressful and difficult it can be [...]
- Help Select Our New EMS Principal — Garrett Kirkland, our Principal at Einstein Middle School, has been reassigned to become the Principal at Hiram Johnson High School effective immediately. Garrett has done much to build a very strong and positive reputation at Einstein, and our Rosemont community thanks him greatly and we will miss him; but we also congratulate him and wish [...]
- Get Prepared for an Emergency — Learn the basics of community emergency response at a free training by the Sacramento Metro Fire District. You can participate just for your own information or as the first step in being a part of the Metro Fire Cert Team – Community Emergency Response Team. What you will learn will always be helpful wherever you [...]
- Concerned about Crime Problems? — Recently we’ve noticed an increasing number of posts on Rosemont social media about crime issues, with the question whether we should explore hiring a private security patrol to help make our community safer. There are several neighborhoods in the Sacramento area that have hired such a service, and the question posed is whether we should [...]
- Let’s Re-boot our Neighborhood Watch Programs — As we head back from vacations, it’s a great time to “re-boot” our Neighborhood Watch programs in Rosemont. These networks of small neighborhood groups are one of our primary means of keeping crimes and other problems under control here. Whenever we see someone reporting a problem, the natural question is: Do you have a Neighborhood [...]