WOW! Rosemont certainly has a strong sense of community – and fun. The 9th annual Celebration of Community on August 12 was judged to be the biggest and best yet. It was packed with happy people having a good time and chatting with friends and neighbors, and all the dozens of information booths. The main walkway was jammed with folks enjoying the beautiful day and the interesting information that was available. The games, rides, and displays held the attention of young and older alike. This ever popular Celebration has become a signature event in the Rosemont community and helps identify us as a great place to live and work. Be sure to come out next year if you are part of an organization or business that wants to connect with the people of Rosemont, or if you just want to have fun in your great community.
Rosemont Celebrates a Great Community
- CRPD Needs Your Advice — The Cordova Recreation & Park District would like to hear from Rosemont residents: What classes, programs and/or workshops would you like to see offered in your neighborhood? To take the survey online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HS7YDNW The survey will be open until Sunday, December 3rd, so don’t put it off. We want to have more programs offered in [...]
- Neighborhood Watch Is Calling — We are mounting a new campaign to build our already strong Neighborhood Watch program here, and we are looking for people who want to help keep crimes and other problem in check, and even have some fun in the process. A NW group is simply a handful of people who live within sight of one [...]
- Atonement Church Offers Monthly Food Bank — In case you did not know, our own Atonement Lutheran Church at 9242 Kiefer offers a food basket give away each week for anyone in the area who is having a hard time financially and needs a bit of help. It is held the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. They receive food [...]
- Here Come Santa Claus! — Hey! Santa’s coming back to Rosemont. Yea, he likes us so much he’ll be here two evenings, and he’ll be collecting toys for less fortunate kids in the area. So mark your calendars for the evenings of December 5 and 6, from 6 to 8 pm, and come out to see him in the Rosemont [...]
- Get Storm-Ready! — Fall is here! Trees will begin dropping leaves over the coming months, which can clog storm drains and cause flooding. Do your part by removing debris and leaves from your gutters, and sweep away leaves that are on or near storm drains prior to rainfall to ensure water can quickly flow into the storm drain [...]