WOW! Rosemont certainly has a strong sense of community – and fun. The 9th annual Celebration of Community on August 12 was judged to be the biggest and best yet. It was packed with happy people having a good time and chatting with friends and neighbors, and all the dozens of information booths. The main walkway was jammed with folks enjoying the beautiful day and the interesting information that was available. The games, rides, and displays held the attention of young and older alike. This ever popular Celebration has become a signature event in the Rosemont community and helps identify us as a great place to live and work. Be sure to come out next year if you are part of an organization or business that wants to connect with the people of Rosemont, or if you just want to have fun in your great community.
Rosemont Celebrates a Great Community
- Sheriff to Hold Crime Prevention Meeting Includ... — On Tuesday, January 16 at 6:00pm, the Sheriff’s Office will hold a community meeting to discuss local crime concerns and any other issues related to law enforcement. This is a great chance to have some one-on-one time with our POP Officers (Problem Oriented Policing) whose job it is to pay special attention to on-going law [...]
- RCA Considering Projects for Grant Funds — Recently RCA has won several grants from the County and SMUD to do revitalization work to help make our community safer and more appealing. A task force has been meeting to identify projects that will be visible and impressive, help build our sense of community, and can be accomplished within the time and budget limits [...]
- RCA Briefed on LAFCO Functions — Don Lockhart, Executive Officer of Sacramento’s Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO), briefed the RCA Board and guests at the January meeting on what Rosemont’s options might be if we explore ways to make improvements to service levels here and enhance the safety and appearance of our community. Increasingly RCA is hearing concerns about services and [...]
- Park District Seeking Advice — Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; [...]
- What Activities would You Like in Rosemont? — One of the goals RCA wants to accomplish with some of the grant funds we’ve received is to hold more events that bring Rosemont residents together in a social setting to help grow a stronger sense of community and have some fun. For ten years we have held our Celebration of Community each August that [...]