RCA will be co-hosting a free driving class for Seniors with CHP on October 5th. The CHP has an interest in helping seniors drive safely and keep their independence. The class encourages seniors to know their cars, have a trip plan, be aware of their limitations and follow the rules of the road. The workshop is designed to be engaging, focused, and interactive. (No driving required in the class) Our CHP Public Information Officer, Tommy Riggin, and CHP Senior Volunteer, Gary Hartley, will be our presenters. This “FREE” workshop is for drivers who are 55 years or older. The workshop will last approximately 90 minutes and a certificate will be provided to those who attend the workshop. If you, a family member, or a friend would be interested in attending this workshop, please let us know by emailing RCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message with your name and contact information at 936-1959. Once you have notified us that you would like to attend, we will put you on our attendee list. The class will be held in the multipurpose room of Atonement Lutheran Church located at 9242 Kiefer Blvd.
Safe Driving For Seniors – Keeping the Focus
- Learn How to Get Good Health Coverage — There are many options available for health care and insurance, and you can learn about these options and which is best for you at a special RCA workshop on Tuesday, October 24, at 7:00pm at Atonement Church, 9242 Kiefer Blvd. We will cover types of healthcare; Covered California and ACA exchange plans; employer sponsored plans; [...]
- 5 Ways to Keep Ghouls and Goblins Healthy and S... — Sacramento County has some helpful ways to let your ghouls and goblins have a happy, healthy and safe Halloween. See and Be Seen: Pick out costumes that don’t interfere with vision, add reflective tape on the front, back and sides and use accessories that are soft or flexible. Dressing up pets might be fun for [...]
- Use the County Emergency Alert System — For your safety and that of you family, residents are urged to sign up for the County’s emergency alert system so you can learn quickly about emergencies that could affect you. It is easy and free. Lear the details and sign up HERE. [...]
- RCA Board Highlights — After hearing a briefing on the Juvenile Justice Center, the RCA board discussed with our two POP Officers concerns about law enforcement in Rosemont and was reassured that there is more happening quietly to keep our community safe than people generally know about. They related several recent incidents where careful investigations removed a number of [...]
- Food Trucks Finish Year on High Note — Rosemont’s 2017 Food Truck Season wrapped up on October 6 with several special features: our first beer garden and live music. The Oktoberfest themed event was a fun gathering for all ages. Our thanks to SactoMoFo, the food truck coordinator that has made this year’s fests possible, and the Cordova Recreation & Parks District that [...]