RCA will be co-hosting a free driving class for Seniors with CHP on October 5th. The CHP has an interest in helping seniors drive safely and keep their independence. The class encourages seniors to know their cars, have a trip plan, be aware of their limitations and follow the rules of the road. The workshop is designed to be engaging, focused, and interactive. (No driving required in the class) Our CHP Public Information Officer, Tommy Riggin, and CHP Senior Volunteer, Gary Hartley, will be our presenters. This “FREE” workshop is for drivers who are 55 years or older. The workshop will last approximately 90 minutes and a certificate will be provided to those who attend the workshop. If you, a family member, or a friend would be interested in attending this workshop, please let us know by emailing RCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message with your name and contact information at 936-1959. Once you have notified us that you would like to attend, we will put you on our attendee list. The class will be held in the multipurpose room of Atonement Lutheran Church located at 9242 Kiefer Blvd.
Safe Driving For Seniors – Keeping the Focus
- Sheriff to Hold Crime Prevention Meeting Includ... — On Tuesday, January 16 at 6:00pm, the Sheriff’s Office will hold a community meeting to discuss local crime concerns and any other issues related to law enforcement. This is a great chance to have some one-on-one time with our POP Officers (Problem Oriented Policing) whose job it is to pay special attention to on-going law [...]
- RCA Considering Projects for Grant Funds — Recently RCA has won several grants from the County and SMUD to do revitalization work to help make our community safer and more appealing. A task force has been meeting to identify projects that will be visible and impressive, help build our sense of community, and can be accomplished within the time and budget limits [...]
- RCA Briefed on LAFCO Functions — Don Lockhart, Executive Officer of Sacramento’s Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO), briefed the RCA Board and guests at the January meeting on what Rosemont’s options might be if we explore ways to make improvements to service levels here and enhance the safety and appearance of our community. Increasingly RCA is hearing concerns about services and [...]
- Park District Seeking Advice — Our Cordova Recreation and Parks District which serves Rosemont is preparing a grant proposal to make improvements to Rosemont Community Park, and wants to hear from people in the community, especially those who would use the park. Under consideration are such possible things as repurposing one or more tennis courts for pickle ball or basketball; [...]
- What Activities would You Like in Rosemont? — One of the goals RCA wants to accomplish with some of the grant funds we’ve received is to hold more events that bring Rosemont residents together in a social setting to help grow a stronger sense of community and have some fun. For ten years we have held our Celebration of Community each August that [...]