RCA will be co-hosting a free driving class for Seniors with CHP on October 5th. The CHP has an interest in helping seniors drive safely and keep their independence. The class encourages seniors to know their cars, have a trip plan, be aware of their limitations and follow the rules of the road. The workshop is designed to be engaging, focused, and interactive. (No driving required in the class) Our CHP Public Information Officer, Tommy Riggin, and CHP Senior Volunteer, Gary Hartley, will be our presenters. This “FREE” workshop is for drivers who are 55 years or older. The workshop will last approximately 90 minutes and a certificate will be provided to those who attend the workshop. If you, a family member, or a friend would be interested in attending this workshop, please let us know by emailing RCA at email@example.com or by leaving a message with your name and contact information at 936-1959. Once you have notified us that you would like to attend, we will put you on our attendee list. The class will be held in the multipurpose room of Atonement Lutheran Church located at 9242 Kiefer Blvd.
Safe Driving For Seniors – Keeping the Focus
- CRPD Needs Your Advice — The Cordova Recreation & Park District would like to hear from Rosemont residents: What classes, programs and/or workshops would you like to see offered in your neighborhood? To take the survey online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HS7YDNW The survey will be open until Sunday, December 3rd, so don’t put it off. We want to have more programs offered in [...]
- Neighborhood Watch Is Calling — We are mounting a new campaign to build our already strong Neighborhood Watch program here, and we are looking for people who want to help keep crimes and other problem in check, and even have some fun in the process. A NW group is simply a handful of people who live within sight of one [...]
- Atonement Church Offers Monthly Food Bank — In case you did not know, our own Atonement Lutheran Church at 9242 Kiefer offers a food basket give away each week for anyone in the area who is having a hard time financially and needs a bit of help. It is held the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. They receive food [...]
- Here Come Santa Claus! — Hey! Santa’s coming back to Rosemont. Yea, he likes us so much he’ll be here two evenings, and he’ll be collecting toys for less fortunate kids in the area. So mark your calendars for the evenings of December 5 and 6, from 6 to 8 pm, and come out to see him in the Rosemont [...]
- Get Storm-Ready! — Fall is here! Trees will begin dropping leaves over the coming months, which can clog storm drains and cause flooding. Do your part by removing debris and leaves from your gutters, and sweep away leaves that are on or near storm drains prior to rainfall to ensure water can quickly flow into the storm drain [...]