If you would like to learn a bit more about Sufism, the School of Islamic Sufism, as part of is Way of Love series, is presenting a unique program of enchanting rhythmic music titled “Polishing the Heart: The Sufi Zekr,” at the school, 3508 Eisenhower, at 2:00pm, Sunday, July 16. For more information click HERE: Polishing the Heart .
Special Sufi Program Offered
- Learn How to Protect Your Computer and Identity — The next RCA finance management workshop will be Tuesday, Sept 26, and will be on computer security and preventing identity theft – sadly topics that are increasingly important these days. Anyone who has had their identity (and money) stolen or their computer hacked or held for ransom knows how distressful and difficult it can be [...]
- Help Select Our New EMS Principal — Garrett Kirkland, our Principal at Einstein Middle School, has been reassigned to become the Principal at Hiram Johnson High School effective immediately. Garrett has done much to build a very strong and positive reputation at Einstein, and our Rosemont community thanks him greatly and we will miss him; but we also congratulate him and wish [...]
- Get Prepared for an Emergency — Learn the basics of community emergency response at a free training by the Sacramento Metro Fire District. You can participate just for your own information or as the first step in being a part of the Metro Fire Cert Team – Community Emergency Response Team. What you will learn will always be helpful wherever you [...]
- Concerned about Crime Problems? — Recently we’ve noticed an increasing number of posts on Rosemont social media about crime issues, with the question whether we should explore hiring a private security patrol to help make our community safer. There are several neighborhoods in the Sacramento area that have hired such a service, and the question posed is whether we should [...]
- Let’s Re-boot our Neighborhood Watch Programs — As we head back from vacations, it’s a great time to “re-boot” our Neighborhood Watch programs in Rosemont. These networks of small neighborhood groups are one of our primary means of keeping crimes and other problems under control here. Whenever we see someone reporting a problem, the natural question is: Do you have a Neighborhood [...]